Monday, May 9, 2011

Warriors May Have New Target?

Well, with the recent news of Gary Williams leaving the University of Maryland, it immediately got me thinking, this guy could be a great fit in the Bay Area.

As I've said before, I really think the Warriors need a younger, new era coach, and Williams knows these younger, new generation players as well as anyone. He had a tremendous record at Maryland of 452-232, and he did it in a conference filled with perennial dominant programs. I think he's the type of guy the W's should focus on, but again, like with John Calipari, he's a big name guy and he's going to attract a lot of attention. I will have more on this a little later, after I have a chance to talk to people closer to the Warriors than myself. For now, though, I just wanted to toss the idea out there, that maybe his leaving Maryland was a ploy to make a move for the NBA, and the Warriors are one of the teams with a vacancy at that particular spot!

No comments: